POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ocean's edge (34kbu) : Re: Ocean's edge - different water types (55kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 12:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ocean's edge - different water types (55kbu)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 May 2001 13:41:37
Message: <3B13DFA4.42ADA6DE@gmx.de>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> Firstly I tried with heteroMF. I don't think much needs
> saying except that it looks terrible.
>
> HeteroMF settings were
>  function{"heteroMF",<0.07, 2.2, 7, 0.6, 0.5>}

I'm not sure if heteroMF is suited for water at all, but how did you come
to these values.  Have you tried some different settings?

In the picture it also seems to have a very fine structure, maybe some
larger horizontal scaling would help too.

> The second picture is a partial rendering
> with ridgedMF, using the settings that
> Marc-Hendrik Bremer posted
>
> That has promice, if I could only get the ridges closer
> together
>
> RMF settings were
> function {"ridgedmf", <0.1, 3.0, 7, 0.7, 0.7>}

These are the same values i use very often (also used in my water
tutorial) I recently also tried:

function{"ridgedMF",<0.07, 2.2, 7, 0.6, 0.9>}

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>